Thank you to all those who braved the sweltering heat to make it out (if rather damp) to last Wednesday’s InsideDigital.org event tackling social advertising, personalization, data and of course, ROI. We’d also like to thank our networking partner Casale Media for helping provide the refreshing beverages that cooled everyone down!
It’s true, we’re all still trying to figure out how to use social media to engage, increase exposure, and the value it holds in the marketing mix. Thanks to moderator Terri McBay, Executive Director, Social Media, Ogilvy and speakers John Robinson, Brand Manager, Whisky, Diageo Canada Inc; Gary Fearnall, LinkedIn Director of Marketing Solutions and Authintic CEO Andrew Cherwenka, we talked platforms, privacy, personalization, selling social upwards, measurement, metrics and optimum ways to engage whether you’re CPG, e-commerce or selling alcohol.
InsideDigital.org research partner Comscore anchored the discussion with some social research by the numbers …for people who love numbers. Check out the top 10 need-to-knows about social networking across the world from Comscore’s Bryan Segal:
1. Social networking is the most popular online activity worldwide
2. Social networking behavior both transcends and reflects regional differences around the world
3. The importance of Facebook cannot be overstated
4. Microblogging has emerged as a disruptive new force in social networking
5. Local social networks are making inroads globally
6. It’s not just young people using social networking anymore – it’s everyone
7. ‘Digital natives’ suggest communications are going social
8. Social networking leads in online display advertising in the U.S., but lags in share of dollars
9. The next disrupters have yet to be decided
10. Mobile devices are fueling the social addiction
Download the full report from Comscore
Last but not least thanks to Andrew Cherwenka for an introduction to his new Canadian start-up Authintic, an analytics technology company that helps marketers leverage social data. Download the full report on permission marketing from authintic
InsideDigital’s up-coming events will run monthly on the following Wednesdays: 14th August, 18th September, 16th October and 13th November. It’s invite only but expect a larger event to take place in December to thank all our supporters as we get InsideDigital off the ground.
Finally, don’t forget to check out all our event photos!