Thank you to all who attended our first InsideDigital.org Live Lounge: Brand Series
We were delighted to have a range of brand marketers in the room from Campbells to Empire Life, Shopper Marketing and MasterCard.
Jennifer Okula, SVP at Millward Brown led discussions with an insightful presentation on 10 digital media trends that marketers should take note of including: Facebook, Social TV, Mobile and Big Data.
Trends were put into real life applications by expert feedback from Kobi Gulersen, Director Global Digital Marketing, MasterCard Worldwide; Andrew Barrett, Founder of Andrew Barrett Inc and Ali Rahnema, Vice President, Digital, Toronto Star.
Top Level Highlights:
- Display is not dead but will continue to evolve in quality, driven by more reliance on the performance based model of Cost Per Acquisition (CPA).
- RTB – or in other words Real Time Bidding – will continue to drive competition and mould the landscape.
- Facebook fans are your friends. Don’t sell, engage and interact.
- Mobile is and will continue to be a centralized component of marketer’s communication plans.
- Social TV will move media consumption back to a communal exercise, allowing for a deeper level of engagement for brands.
- ‘Big Data’ is a misnomer and should in fact be called ‘Niche Data’, allowing marketers to provide targeted messaging to targeted audiences.
- Your digital strategy will not be going anywhere without the buy in of the powers that be. Sell upwards and sell well.
To cap the evening we were delighted to be able to introduce co-founders of Wondereur, an app that brings storytelling to e-tailing, Olivier Berger & Angelica Fox. For more details on this emerging Canadian company please click here.
WHAT’S NEXT? For those of you who couldn’t join us put the next date in your diary – July 17th, 6pm-8pm at The Spoke Club.
Join us for digital insights, peer to peer networking and help us drive forward the digital landscape. We look forward to your participation!